The construction of Zhong-Sheng-Gong Memorial began in the 2nd year of the Shōwa era (Japanese colonial period; 1927 CE) and was completed two years later. The memorial was originally located on the banks of Wannian River, but as the land around it was developed over the years, it is now surrounded by housing, with the front of the memorial separated from the river by many buildings. However, the memorial grounds have maintained a quadrangular, complete layout, encompassing a Western-style pailou (decorative archway) in the front, a front courtyard, the main memorial building, and a huatai (a mound acting as a symbolic support structure behind Hakka residential buildings) erected with compacted soil. Zhong-Sheng-Gong Memorial faces the south and has a layout consisting of two halls and two side wings, showcasing the ideological characteristics behind Hakka architecture. The huatai at the rear of the building, the offering table that depicts a dragon under the altar of the main hall, the baiting (worship pavilion), front hall, entrance gate, and half-moon pond are all built on a single axis towards Wannian River, exemplifying traditional Hakka feng shui (Chinese geomancy) concepts.
The "Zongsheng Taoist" plaque presented by the poet Zeng Qiutao from the bamboo moat in 1929 (AD 1929)
A plaque dedicated to "Tian Jing Di Yi" by Zeng Baochen, the leader of the construction of the Ancestral Temple
The pagoda on the Xishi ridge is also decorated with cut and glue, and the tiles and drips below have another style of "Zeng"
The calligraphy in the Zong-Sheng-Gong Memorial is very impressive, and there are also rare bamboo leaf scripts.
The green glazed tiles that are bundled by the tube tiles have the words "Zeng" on them, and the dripping water has the words "ancestral hall"
The Zong-Sheng-Gong Memorial is named after Zhongshu Hall. In the Analects of Confucius, Zeng Zi said: "The benevolent is loyal and forgiving."
The wooden structure of Sanchuan Hall was designed by Ye Jinwan, with three links, five melons and four buckets. This is his masterpiece in his later years. The paintings on the Tongliang are the works of Chen Yufeng, a famous teacher in Tainan
The ridge tops and front ridges of the three rivers in the lobby are decorated with cut glue, the top of the ridge is decorated with double dragon beads, and the ridge is decorated with the Eight Immortals.
The double lion archway was built by washing stones, and the eagle logo below symbolizes the ambition of Honghu