Go to the main content area
:::
Home

Tongxiao Shrine

Tongxiao Shrine
 
The haiden is the most intact building preserved in Tongxiao Shrine.After World War II,the shrine was converted into the Martyrs' Shrine in Tongxiao.
Asset Classification: Historic Building
Address: Xinyi Rd., ,Tongxiao T,Miaoli Cou
Announcement date: 2021/09/23
GPS Coordinates: 120.68292,24.49244
Competent Authority: Miaoli County

指定/登錄理由

Features

Tongxiao Shrine was built on Hutou Mountain in the 12th year of the Shōwa era (Japanese colonial period; 1937 CE). The shrine was dedicated to the sun goddess Amaterasu and Prince Kitashirakawa Yoshihisa. Built along the slope of the mountain, the shrine consists of the first torii gate, a chōzuya (ablution pavilion), a sandō (pathway leading to a Shinto shrine or a Buddhist temple) lined with stone lanterns, the second torii gate, a haiden (worship hall), a heiden (offertory hall), and the main hall, as well as dormitories for Shinto priests and a shrine office. After World War II, all the buildings of the Tongxiao Shrine were demolished except for the haiden and shrine office. The shrine was converted into the Martyrs' Shrine in Tongxiao, enshrining not only those who perished in war but also Koxinga. As a result, the shrine was known locally as Koxinga Temple. Currently, the Shinto priest dormitories and shrine office of Tongxiao Shrine are in a state of disrepair and in danger of collapsing. As for the other structures, the chōzuya is completely lost, only remnants of the foundation remain of the heiden, and only the base remains of the main hall.

發展源流

主要特色


After passing the worship hall, it is the main hall, and currently only the pedestal remains
After passing the worship hall, it is the main hall, and currently only the pedestal remains
There is a national emblem on the ridge of the worship hall, which serves as a symbol of the Martyrs’ Shrine
There is a national emblem on the ridge of the worship hall, which serves as a symbol of the Martyrs’ Shrine
The roof of the worship hall has been converted into a Hokkien-style dovetail ridge
The roof of the worship hall has been converted into a Hokkien-style dovetail ridge
There is a second torii in front of the worship hall. The worship hall is currently used as a martyrs’ shrine, but the base is still an old structure from the Japanese era.
There is a second torii in front of the worship hall. The worship hall is currently used as a martyrs’ shrine, but the base is still an old structure from the Japanese era.
Looking down at the worship hall from the pedestal structure of the main hall, its roof is in the style of four slopes of three rivers ridges
Looking down at the worship hall from the pedestal structure of the main hall, its roof is in the style of four slopes of three rivers ridges
There are preserved stone lanterns on the left and right sides of the path in front of the worship hall
There are preserved stone lanterns on the left and right sides of the path in front of the worship hall
The pillars of the torii gate are engraved with the date of establishment, Showa 12 (1937), April 22, and the words Showa 12 have been erased.
The pillars of the torii gate are engraved with the date of establishment, Showa 12 (1937), April 22, and the words Showa 12 have been erased.
The social affairs office is in a semi-abandoned state. The social affairs office is temporarily protected by a steel shed. There were still residents living in the past, but it has been relocated.
The social affairs office is in a semi-abandoned state. The social affairs office is temporarily protected by a steel shed. There were still residents living in the past, but it has been relocated.
The first torii gate of Tosho Shrine, next to the social affairs office
The first torii gate of Tosho Shrine, next to the social affairs office

Directions

氣象
交通
住宿
飲食
景點