Go to the main content area
:::
Home

Hsinchu's Changhe Temple

Hsinchu's Changhe Temple
 
Hsinchu's Changhe Temple is commonly known as Outer Matzu,which is separated from the Mazu Temple in Hsinchu City.
Asset Classification: Monument
Address: No. 135, Beimen St.,North Dist,Hsinchu Ci
Announcement date: 2021/09/22
GPS Coordinates: 120.96490,24.80854
Competent Authority: Hsinchu City

指定/登錄理由

Features

Located on Beimen Old Street, Hsinchu's Changhe Temple was built in the 7th year of Emperor Qianlong's reign in the Qing era (1742 CE). It is locally known as ""Outer Matzu Temple"". Beimen Old Street was an important market street for trading and traveling to and from Zhuqian City (today's Hsinchu) during the Qing era. In the reign of Emperor Jiaqing, merchants formed the Laochou Branch Association, which functioned like a merchants' guild. This association provided considerable assistance with the management and maintenance of Changhe Temple. During Daoguang Emperor's reign in the Qing era, Hsinchu merchants formed the Jinchanghe Guild of Zhuqian City. In the 2nd year of Tongzhi Emperor's reign (1863 CE), the guilds of Zhuqian City jointly resolved to build Shuixian Temple east of the Laochou Branch Association in Changhe Temple. Laochou Branch Association and the newly established Zhongchou and Xinchou associations then started to jointly manage Changhe Temple and Shuixian Temple, and have continued to do so up to this day. It could be said that Changhe Temple bears witness to the history of commercial activities in Hsinchu. The Matzu statue enshrined in the temple is its greatest treasure; it is said that the statue's hair was taken from the head of Matzu herself after she ascended to heaven.

發展源流

主要特色


The right guard room shrine, the old soy club founded the sage shrine
The right guard room shrine, the old soy club founded the sage shrine
A plaque dedicated to
A plaque dedicated to "Mother Ritual with Heaven" presented by Lin Fuxiang (A.D.?-1862) was rebuilt during the Tongzhi period of the Qing Dynasty
A large number of stone carvings are used in the building, from the tiger window on the temple door, to the stone lion, stone drum, and the dragon and tiger walls on both sides, all of which are exquisite works
A large number of stone carvings are used in the building, from the tiger window on the temple door, to the stone lion, stone drum, and the dragon and tiger walls on both sides, all of which are exquisite works
In addition to the many wood carvings on the roof, there are also many painted works
In addition to the many wood carvings on the roof, there are also many painted works
On both sides of the front of the main hall, there is a pair of driving back signs inscribed
On both sides of the front of the main hall, there is a pair of driving back signs inscribed "Meizhou Returning to the Holy Drivers, the Tableland Feels God", a gift from the Meizhou Ancestral Temple
The soft body statue of Mazu in the main hall. According to legend, the hair of this Mazu was made of the hair of Mazu's body after Mazu gained the Dao and ascended to heaven.
The soft body statue of Mazu in the main hall. According to legend, the hair of this Mazu was made of the hair of Mazu's body after Mazu gained the Dao and ascended to heaven.
The plaques in the main hall
The plaques in the main hall "De can match the sky" and "Lin Yu Cangsheng" were presented by the Soy Sauce branch and all gentry merchants in Hsinchu, witnessing the interaction between local merchants and faith
The exquisite
The exquisite "Xianglong" Cochin pottery on the corridor near the dragon of Changhe Palace
The temple gate god was painted by Pan Yuexiong (1943-), the master of the temple color painting award. Pan Yuexiong is the son of Pan Lishui (1914-1995), a national treasure painting master
The temple gate god was painted by Pan Yuexiong (1943-), the master of the temple color painting award. Pan Yuexiong is the son of Pan Lishui (1914-1995), a national treasure painting master

Directions

氣象
交通
住宿
飲食
景點