Built in the 17th year of Yongli Emperor's reign in the Ming era (1663 CE), Jubo Pavilion is located in present-day Yanshui District, Tainan and is the only remaining historical site in Yuejin Harbor. 'Yuejin' is the ancient name for Yanshui, which is one of Taiwan's oldest populous settlements. The saying that ""Fucheng (Tainan) comes first, Lukang second, Monga (Wanhua) third, and Yuejin fourth"" refers to its glory days as one of the four most prosperous cities and towns in Taiwan. Sailors that sailed between Quanzhou, Zhangzhou, and Yuejin worshiped the folk deity Leifu Dajiang (General Lei Wanchun of the Tang era), and in the 6th year of Emperor Qianlong's reign in the Qing era (1741 CE), they built a temple to enshrine Leifu Daijang next to Yuejin Harbor's Jubo Pavilion, turning it into a baiting (worship pavilion). The main hall of Jubo Pavilion is built using the traditional Dieh-Dou timber structure, featuring an intersection of three beams and five gourd-shaped rafters. The pavilion has undergone multiple renovations since the reign of Emperor Jiaqing of the Qing era (1796-1820 CE), but it is largely well-maintained. Its main structure retains aspects from reconstructions during the period of Japanese rule, while the interior still features the works of Tainan's master painter Tsai Tsao-ju (1919-2007 CE), giving it tremendous historical value.
Jubo Fishing Fire has become one of the eight scenic spots in the salt water. In ancient times, many literati and inkmen gathered to visit and kept poetry.
The plaque of "Loyalty" in the 5th year of the Taisho era (1916)
The main hall enshrines a stone incense burner from the Qing Xianfeng period (1851-1861)
After the temple collapsed in the face of an earthquake, the inscription was erected after it was rebuilt in 1934 (AD 1934).
The Jubo Pavilion Public Temple is dedicated to General Xie, also known as Qi Ye. Because of his height, he is called the eldest
The Jubo Pavilion Public Temple is dedicated to General Fan, also known as Ba Ye, because of his short stature, it is also called Short Ye
The Jubo Pavilion Public Temple worships General Leifu Wanchun (also known as Leifu Dazhongye, Leifu Chitose)
Jubo Pavilion in Yuejin Harbor is the predecessor of Jubo Pavilion Public Temple, and a plaque with the words Public Temple is hung outside the main hall.
A plaque with the words "Jubo Pavilion" is hung in the worship pavilion. In the 6th year of Emperor Qianlong of the Qing Dynasty (1741), a temple dedicated to the generals of Lei Palace was built next to the Jubo Pavilion in Yuejin Port. From then on, the Jubo Pavilion became a worship pavilion