Located in Changhua County's Huatan Township, Hushan Temple was built in the 12th year of Emperor Qianlong's reign in the Qing era (1747 CE). The name ""Hushan"" (tiger mountain) comes from the shape of the mountain behind the temple, which resembles a crouching tiger. During the Qing era, Hushan Temple was known as one of the ""eight sights of Changhua"", with the phrase ""hearing the rustling of bamboo leaves at Hushan Temple"" alluding to its beautiful scenery. Hushan Temple, Bishan Temple, and Qingshui Temple were known as the ""three mountain temples of Changhua"". Although the temple was renovated numerous times, its overall structure retains the architectural style from Daoguang Emperor's reign in the Qing era, making it quite remarkable. The temple houses precious artifacts like the Hushan Temple Donation Plaque dating from the 23rd year of Daoguang Emperor's reign (1843 CE) that records a donation of fields to the temple, a wooden plaque reading ""Hushan Temple"" erected by worshipers in the 37th year of the Meiji era (Japanese colonial period; 1904 CE), and a wooden plaque with the words ""illusory world"" written by renowned Changhua calligrapher Wang Lan-sheng (1891-1971 CE) in the 2nd year of the Shōwa era (1927 CE), which provide a glimpse into the history of the area's development over the past two centuries.
The front yard wall of the temple building separates the temple from the outer temple
The roof is in the traditional Xieshan style, with a four-hanging pavilion with dovetail ridges and tubing tiles. The roof of the four-hanging pavilion is decorated with "Shuanglong Guarding Tower" cut and glued.
The inner frame of the Baiting Pavilion is designed with "one connection and two melons". The claws of the melon tube are slender, and the melon is stacked with three buckets.
The cement beacon pillar made in 1950 is the front eave pillar
The waterwheel on the facade is blocked with (1951) Master Lin Liuteng’s exquisite Cochin pottery
The temple is equipped with eighteen arhats, Zhusheng Empress, Five Valley King, Chenghuangye, Fude Zhengshen
In the main hall, there is a plaque inscribed by Wang Lansheng (1891-1971), a famous painter and calligrapher from Changhua, titled "The Void World" in Showa 2 (1927)
Under the eaves of the worship pavilion, there is a wooden plaque erected by Zhang Qingquan, a believer in the 37th year of Meiji (1904).
In the 23rd year of Daoguang in the Qing Dynasty (1843), the "Hushan Rock Chongye Peking Stone Tablet" records the believers donated their fields to buy land and used them to burn incense to the Buddha