Renhe Temple was an early center of faith for the people in Changhua's Erlin region. It is unknown when the temple was first constructed, but the earliest record of temple refurbishment dates back to the 20th year of Emperor Jiaqing's reign in the Qing era (1815 CE). The record shows that the local gentry and elders raised funds to renovate the temple when it was deemed too old. During the Japanese colonial period, sugarcane farmers in Erlin formed the Erlin Sugarcane Growers Association under the leadership of Dr. Li Ying-chang (1897-1954 CE), holding peasant rallies in the temple courtyard. Renhe Temple became a place for sugarcane growers to assemble and fight for their rights, and bears witness to the bitter history of peasant movements in Taiwan. Even after multiple renovations, Renhe Temple retains numerous traditional Hokkien architectural features. Due to its location in a bustling market area, the temple was built with a long and narrow townhouse structure. Extending 35 meters from the street, the temple has a layout consisting of three main structures and two courtyards. The primary worship area is the main hall, which is the tallest and longest of the three main structures and has an imposing and solemn atmosphere. With regard to the roof, the front gate features a single-eave xieshan (East Asian hip-and-gable) roof, while the main hall and rear hall have yingshan (gable) roofs. Cloisters and patios in a narrow building complex create symmetry, which gives the overall building a harmonious aesthetic.
There is a stone bucket in front of the yard, which was a fair measure for the early buying and selling of weights and measures.
The couplet located in the main hall during the Jiaqing period of the Qing Dynasty, Shanglian Rentong Kunyuan Zisheng Shenghong Guangda, Xialian and the main road changes to preserve the Lizhen, enough to witness the history of Renhe Palace
A cow is placed in front of the main hall, symbolizing "the cow turns money and kun"
Stone carvings of dragons and tigers on both sides, from the 13th year of the Taisho era (1924)
Sanchuan Hall’s wooden partitions are carved in seal script, the front of the hall doors are all made of wood panels, and both sides of the main entrance are rare wood-carved partitions.
On the front entrance of the Renhe Palace, there is an 11-character couplet in gold on a red background. It was inscribed by Yu Youren, the director of the Supervisory Department, "Ren can sing the sacred longevity and prosper and prosper Fujian; Harmony is the honor of the noble mother and the eternal virtues of the scholars."
There is a pair of lions in front of the Mikawa Hall, which was rebuilt in the Japanese era
The plaque "Zhaomin Yonglai" in the 14th year of the Taisho era (1925)
In the 20th year of Jiaqing in the Qing Dynasty (1815), the monument of Renhe Palace was rebuilt to record the historical documents of the construction of Renhe Palace