Go to the main content area
:::
Home

Jiying Temple of Jingmei

Jiying Temple of Jingmei
 
The temple has been renovated three times to this day, and has a typical layout of two halls, two hallways, and two side wings.
Asset Classification: Monument
Address: No. 37, Jingmei St.,Wenshan Di,Taipei Cit
Announcement date: 2021/09/23
GPS Coordinates: 121.54183,24.99169
Competent Authority: Taipei City

指定/登錄理由

Features

Built in the 10th year of Xianfeng Emperor's reign in the Qing era (1860 CE), the Jiying Temple in Jingmei is dedicated to the Loyal Pair (Wang Gong and Baoyi Zunwang). At the end of Emperor Kangxi's reign in the Qing era, three families (Kao, Chang, and Lin) crossed the ocean to settle in Taiwan, bringing with them the worship of the Loyal Pair. Their descendants went on to establish different temples honoring the deities. The Jiying Temple in Jingmei was built by the Kao Family. Enshrined in the temple is a statue of Baoyi Zunwang brought over from the Jiying Temple in Daping, a township in Anxi, Fujian. Jiying Temple has great significance and value, being the center of faith for Anxi immigrants in the Jingmei area and reflecting the history of Anxi settlers and the development of Jingmei. The Jiying Temple in Jingmei was moved to its current location in the 6th year of Tongzhi Emperor's reign in the Qing era (1867 CE). The temple has been renovated three times to this day, and has a typical layout of two halls, two hallways, and two side wings, with orderly and symmetrical columns that form a clear-cut structure. The building itself is exquisite and elegant. The swallowtail eaves on the roof and jiannian (artistic figures created from gluing together broken pieces of ceramics and glass) of plants and characters on the sloping ridges were crafted with impressive adroitness, and the interior is like a time capsule with its well-preserved plaques, inscriptions, dragon columns, stone carvings, and murals.

發展源流

主要特色


Large-scale Cochin Pottery Works by Longdu on the left side of the worship hall
Large-scale Cochin Pottery Works by Longdu on the left side of the worship hall
The masterpiece of the door god Xu Liancheng (1919-2002)
The masterpiece of the door god Xu Liancheng (1919-2002)
The plaque repaired for the first time in the 13th year of the Taisho era (1924)
The plaque repaired for the first time in the 13th year of the Taisho era (1924)
The temple was completed in the 6th year of Tongzhi in the Qing Dynasty (1867)
The temple was completed in the 6th year of Tongzhi in the Qing Dynasty (1867)
Octagonal Pillar at the Entrance of Sanchuan Hall
Octagonal Pillar at the Entrance of Sanchuan Hall
South Fujian stone lion at the main entrance of Sanchuan Temple
South Fujian stone lion at the main entrance of Sanchuan Temple
The
The "Tiger Block" at the side of the tiger at the mouth of the Sanchuan Temple
The
The "Dragon Block" at the side of the dragon at the foot of the Sanchuan Temple
Hollow stone windows on both sides of the middle door of Sanchuan Hall
Hollow stone windows on both sides of the middle door of Sanchuan Hall

Directions

氣象
交通
住宿
飲食
景點