Go to the main content area
:::
Home

Longfeng Temple in Guan'ao

Longfeng Temple in Guan'ao
 
The temple is lavish traditional Hokkien architecture.
Asset Classification: Monument
Address: No. 16, Guan'ao,Jinsha Tow,Kinmen Cou
Announcement date: 2021/09/22
GPS Coordinates: 118.41264,24.51829
Competent Authority: Kinmen County

指定/登錄理由

Features

Guan'ao is an important harbor on the northern shore of Kinmen. Due to special circumstances in the area throughout the years, Guan'ao's Longfeng Temple also enshrines deities from many other temples, including Tianfei Temple, Fengshan Temple, and Chicheng Temple. Though the exact year of its construction is lost to time, it is estimated that Longfeng Temple was established in the Ming era. An important local center of faith, Longfeng Temple is described by the local saying ""temple of Guan'ao, ancestral home on a green island"". The ceremonies performed at Longfeng Temple have a history of over 300 years. The temple bears witness to the development of early settlements in Kinmen and the rise of the area's shipping industry. The temple's lavish traditional Hokkien architecture made it the grandest temple in the area in the past. It was also the only temple in Kinmen to have a stage for theatrical performances. The menshen (threshold guardians) painted on the doors are magnificent yet solemn. One of the most notable features of the temple are its black-and-white ink wash murals, which were hand-painted by Lin Tien-chu (1914-1998 CE) using a sorghum brush.

發展源流

主要特色


The door god of the front hall of Longfeng Palace
The door god of the front hall of Longfeng Palace
Panoramic view of the main hall, in which the realm master
Panoramic view of the main hall, in which the realm master "Grand Guangze Zunwang" is enshrined in it
Three statues of Mazu, commonly known as Aunt Mazu Meihua, Er Mazu Meihua, San Mazu Meilian
Three statues of Mazu, commonly known as Aunt Mazu Meihua, Er Mazu Meihua, San Mazu Meilian
The old granite floor, which has been pitted and sunken over the years, has been preserved after reconstruction
The old granite floor, which has been pitted and sunken over the years, has been preserved after reconstruction
One of the four pillars of the stage at the four corners of the front hall of the Dragon Phoenix Palace
One of the four pillars of the stage at the four corners of the front hall of the Dragon Phoenix Palace
In the 7th year of Xianfeng in the Qing Dynasty (1857), the
In the 7th year of Xianfeng in the Qing Dynasty (1857), the "Mother Ritual Named Saint Sangyu Cudou Chongguang" donated by local villagers was the bottom couplet of the couplet
Shui De Yang Su Hai Guo Ci Hang Pu Ji donated by local villagers in the 7th year of Xianfeng in Qing Dynasty (1857)
Shui De Yang Su Hai Guo Ci Hang Pu Ji donated by local villagers in the 7th year of Xianfeng in Qing Dynasty (1857)
In the 7th year of Xianfeng in the Qing Dynasty (1857), a plaque named
In the 7th year of Xianfeng in the Qing Dynasty (1857), a plaque named "Debei Qunsheng" was erected by believers
Lin Tianzhu (1914-1998), a modern temple painter born in Lieyu, a few of the whitewashed ink paintings left in Kinmen
Lin Tianzhu (1914-1998), a modern temple painter born in Lieyu, a few of the whitewashed ink paintings left in Kinmen

Directions

氣象
交通
住宿
飲食
景點