In the 20th year of Emperor Kangxi's reign in the Qing era (1681 CE), Fujian admiral Shih Lang (1621-1696 CE) led the conquest of Taiwan against the Kingdom of Tungning. To commend him for his achievements, the Qing government bestowed upon him the title Marquis Jinghai (""Marquis Who Maintains Peace on the Seas"") and built General Shih Temple in Penghu as a premortem shrine to him. The original temple was adjacent to Haitan Hall, in the area in Magong once called Aodong Street. After the 12th year of Daoguang Emperor's reign in the Qing era (1832 CE), General Shih Temple not only enshrined Shih Lang but also the spirit tablets of those who perished in battle. As a result, the temple was changed into a shrine. The Shigong Shrine we see today was rebuilt by Hsiang Hsiu-ming (dates of birth and death unknown)—a descendant of one of Shih Lang's subordinates—after the Japanese colonial government confiscated the land of the original shrine in the 3rd year of the Taishō era (Japanese colonial period, 1914 CE), forcing Shigong Shrine and Haitan Hall to be relocated to what was once the dining facility of Haitan soldiers. The old well diagonal to Shigong Shrine is called Wanjun Well (""Well of Ten Thousand Soldiers""). The origin of the well is subject to debate, but it was said that the well was formed when Shih Lang—desperate to find water for the ten thousand men he led to conquer Taiwan—stabbed the ground with his sword, forming a well and raising the morale of Qing soldiers.
General Xie will be influenced by Fuzhou, his face is green
The stone stele of the goddess of balsamic oil from the aunt's palace in the 22nd year of Daoguang in the Qing Dynasty (1842)
The ancient stele was rebuilt in Shi Gong Temple in the 23rd year of Daoguang in Qing Dynasty (1843)
The "Fu Yao Haishan" plaque presented by the soldiers of Haitan Town in the 31st year of Meiji (1898)
A plaque presented by Zhan Gongxian, deputy general of the Penghu Water Teachers Association, in the 15th year of Daoguang in the Qing Dynasty (1835)
On the right side of the Shi Gong Temple, the soldiers who died in the service of ``Zhang Bing's Rebellion'' were added
The statue of the god in Shi Gong Temple; Shi Gong Temple was originally called Shi Jiangjun Temple, and the worshipped Shi Gong was Shi Lang
Use the facade to make three gates and six sashes
Wanjunjing is also known as Shijing, Dajing and Shiquanjing.