Go to the main content area
:::
Home

Taixiajiao Kongsi

Taixiajiao Kongsi
 
The Taixiajiao Kongs is a two-story, three-bay-wide building.
Asset Classification: Monument
Address: No. 9, Ln. 6, Zhongshan Rd.,Magong Cit,Penghu Cou
Announcement date: 2021/11/10
GPS Coordinates: 119.56429,23.56385
Competent Authority: Penghu County

指定/登錄理由

Features

The Taixiajiao Kongsi is located in Magong City, Penghu County. The name for ""Magong"" was once written using different characters (媽宮), and the area where the Taixiajiao Kongsi is located—once called Dutou Street or Shuixian Temple Street—was one of Magong's most prosperous market areas back in the day. ""Jiao"" refers to commercial guilds in the Qing era, and Taixiajiao was a commercial guild established by merchants trading between Taiwan, Penghu, and Xiamen. It consists of the Taiwanese guild Jin Lishun and Xiamen guild Jin Changshun. The exact year when the guild was founded is lost to time, but apparently, it was already existent sometime between the reigns of Emperor Qianlong and Emperor Jiaqing in the Qing era (1735-1820 CE). Taixiajiao began using Shuixian Temple as its office in the first year of Guangxu Emperor's reign in the Qing era (1875 CE). One of Penghu's four ancient temples, Shuixian Temple was first built in the 35th year of Emperor Kangxi's reign (1696 CE). After a few renovations, Shuixian Temple was renamed ""Taixiajiao Kongsi"" in the 33rd year of the Meiji era (Japanese colonial period; 1900 CE). In the 4th year of the Shōwa era (1929 CE), the building was rebuilt into a two-story, three-bay-wide building, the first floor of which was used as an office for Taixiajiao, while the second floor was Shuixian Temple, dedicated to Shuixian Zunwang (five water deities comprised of one emperor, two kings, and two lords) and Tianshang Shengmu (Heavenly Mother, more commonly known as Matzu).

發展源流

主要特色


Spectacular and historical tin furnace
Spectacular and historical tin furnace
Flower tube decorations hung on the eaves
Flower tube decorations hung on the eaves
The roofs and gables of the Taixia Suburb Clubhouse are beautiful
The roofs and gables of the Taixia Suburb Clubhouse are beautiful
The plaque in the hall in the 4th year of Showa (1929)
The plaque in the hall in the 4th year of Showa (1929)
The plaque in the 5th year of Daoguang in the Qing Dynasty (1825)
The plaque in the 5th year of Daoguang in the Qing Dynasty (1825)
Taixiajiao Guild Hall, also known as Narcissus Palace, is dedicated to the King of Five Narcissus
Taixiajiao Guild Hall, also known as Narcissus Palace, is dedicated to the King of Five Narcissus
The statues originally enshrined on the second floor are moved to the first floor
The statues originally enshrined on the second floor are moved to the first floor
Japan Showa 10th year (1935 AD) couplet
Japan Showa 10th year (1935 AD) couplet
The first floor is used as an office in the suburbs of Taiwan and Xiamen
The first floor is used as an office in the suburbs of Taiwan and Xiamen

Directions

氣象
交通
住宿
飲食
景點