Go to the main content area
:::
Home

Bao'an Temple in Fuyuan

Bao'an Temple in Fuyuan
 
Front view of Bao'an Temple in Fuyuan.
Asset Classification: Historic Building
Address: No. 239, Sec. 1, Zhongzheng Rd.,Ruisui Tow,Hualien Co
Announcement date: 2021/09/22
GPS Coordinates: 121.37580,23.57634
Competent Authority: Hualien County

指定/登錄理由

Features

The construction of Fuyuan's Bao'an Temple is closely connected to the history of Han Chinese settlement in eastern Taiwan. In the 14th year of Guangxu Emperor's reign in the Qing era (1888 CE), Qing military premier Hsie Fang-jung (dates of birth and death unknown) built a hut dedicated to Cheng Huang (City God) in the Bazizhuang area to calm people's minds. Because Cheng Huang protects people in the underworld, the temple was named Bao'an Temple (""Bao'an"" translates to ""maintain peace"") and served as an important center of faith in the area. The current temple building is a faux wood, RC structure that is historically and culturally significant for retaining the architectural style of the Japanese colonial period. Like the Cheng Huang Temple of Taipei's Dadaocheng, Bao'an Temple stems from Tong'an, Fujian and represents a branch of the Xiahai Cheng Huang faith. Its seniority in Taiwan is second only to Hsinchu's Cheng Huang Temple. Bao'an Temple is especially significant for its location in the ethnically-diverse Bazizhuang area. The temple has preserved traditional ceremonies like the àm-hóng (""night patrol"") and annual marching percussion competition that are significant for upholding morals.

發展源流

主要特色


Fuyuan Baoan Temple has a photo of the main hall of the Lord God City God
Fuyuan Baoan Temple has a photo of the main hall of the Lord God City God
The appearance of the mountain gate embedded in the temple name, couplets, colorful paintings, and stone carvings gives a sense of simplicity and simplicity
The appearance of the mountain gate embedded in the temple name, couplets, colorful paintings, and stone carvings gives a sense of simplicity and simplicity
The main hall is made of marble, a specialty of Hualien, and the floor has local characteristics.
The main hall is made of marble, a specialty of Hualien, and the floor has local characteristics.
The stone lion presented by the
The stone lion presented by the "Bazi Tangshi Amei" when the temple was built during the Japanese Occupation. Traditional temples believed that stone lions had the effect of warding off evil spirits.
Take lettering as a god is a practice that early believers did not have the ability, but it was a god-respecting practice.
Take lettering as a god is a practice that early believers did not have the ability, but it was a god-respecting practice.
The Pangu Emperor's card is located in the shrine of Emperor Wu Gu Xian (Shen Nong the Great). This is a very special practice.
The Pangu Emperor's card is located in the shrine of Emperor Wu Gu Xian (Shen Nong the Great). This is a very special practice.
Many temples are equipped with bells and drums for sacrificial purposes. This is a big drum made during the Japanese occupation.
Many temples are equipped with bells and drums for sacrificial purposes. This is a big drum made during the Japanese occupation.
Many temples are equipped with bells and drums for sacrificial purposes. This is an ancient bell made during the Japanese occupation.
Many temples are equipped with bells and drums for sacrificial purposes. This is an ancient bell made during the Japanese occupation.
In Taiwan’s traditional
In Taiwan’s traditional "Left Blue Dragon and Right White Tiger", a dragon block is usually built on the left wall. The picture above shows a dragon block made by the villagers in 1934 (AD 1934).

Directions

氣象
交通
住宿
飲食
景點