Xingang's Fengtian Temple was built in the 16th year of Emperor Jiaqing's reign (1811 CE). The temple was renovated several times throughout the years, by renowned craftsmen including Wu Hai-tung (1867-1938 CE) and Hung Kun-fu (1865-? CE). For example, Wu Hai-tung oversaw the repair of more severely damaged parts of the temple in the first year of the Taishō era (Japanese colonial period; 1912 CE), including the front gate, additional side gates, front side gate, and side halls, while renowned craftsman Hung Kun-fu created the Cochin ware jiannian used to adorn the front gate when the temple was renovated once again in 1961 CE. In addition to its architecture, the temple is also known for housing artifacts, such as the Pilgrimage Flag of Fengtian Temple in Xingang, made in the Japanese colonial period; a tablet reading ""bestowed by the reigning emperor"" given to 20 significant temples in Taiwan by Myōshin-ji—head temple of the associated branch of Rinzai Zen Buddhism—with the consent of Emperor Shōwa in the 3rd year of the Shōwa era (Japanese colonial period; 1928 CE); and the only statue of Hu Yeh (the Tiger God) with gold ornaments on its head and sitting on a table (this deity's statue is mostly found only at the bottom of altars). Each year, the temple holds the Lantern Festival Matzu Pilgrimage of Fengtian Temple in Xingang, which covers a large area and lasts 8 days and 7 nights.
Master Wu Dunhou (1924-2017) Traditional Bamboo Weaving Lantern
Painted master Chen Shouyi (1934-2012), the lintel "Seven Sages of the Bamboo Grove"
The famous craftsman Hong Kunfu's "Bogu Zhaobi" waterwheel jams and burns
The couplet of the gatepost in Hong Kong written by Lin Weichao (1868-1934) in the Qing Dynasty
The stone lion works in the early stage of the temple construction in the Qing Dynasty, the whole is connected with the door mortar, and is made of blue bucket stone.
Master Wu Haitong's Big Wood Craftsmanship in Sanchuan Hall
Fake four hanging roof craftsmanship by Wu Haitong, a master craftsman in Sanchuan Hall
A plaque dedicated to Cheng Pang Zhou (birth and death year unknown) in Bengang County in the 20th year of Jiaqing in the Qing Dynasty (1815)
The plaque of "Holy Motherhood" presented by Wang Delu in the 20th year of Jiaqing in the Qing Dynasty (1815) in the main hall