The Shuntian Temple in Tuku is a local center of faith. The name for the area of Tuku was once written using different characters (塗褲, referring to how in the early days, one would get smeared with mud when treading the area), so the Matzu statue enshrined at Tuku's Shuntian Temple is also known as ""Tuku Ma"" (塗褲媽). It is said that Shuntian Temple was founded during Shunzhi Emperor's reign in the Qing era (1644-1661 CE). The front hall was built in the 14th year of Daoguang Emperor's reign (1834 CE), the rear hall was built in the first year of Xianfeng Emperor's reign (1851 CE), and a right wing was added in the 2nd year of Guangxu Emperor's reign (1876 CE). The temple facade we see today was largely built in the 11th year of the Shōwa era (Japanese colonial period; 1936 CE). The temple's layout consists of a front gate, baiting (worship pavilion), main hall, and rear hall, all of which are connected by verandas. To the left and right are a pair of side doors and side wings. The temple features a lot of works by famous artisans, adding to the artistic and cultural value of Shuntian Temple. The Guanyin No. 33 statue enshrined in the rear hall was brought to Tuku's Shuntian Temple from Japan in the 15th year of the Shōwa era (1940 CE), when the temple became a part of Japan's ""Plan for Propagating Koji Shingon Buddhism in Taiwan"". The statue bears witness to the development of Japanese religious policies during the Japanese colonial period.
The doors of the Sanchuan Gate are painted by the martial generals, Gong'e, and eunuchs
In the 2nd year of Xianfeng in the Qing Dynasty (1852), Ma Longrui wrote "Yuan Feiyue Cave, Fish Leaping into the Sky"
The plaque "Zhuzai Shenyuan" hung above the shrine of the main hall is a relic of the temple rebuilt in the 2nd year of Xianfeng in the Qing Dynasty (1852)
The Mingjian shrine in the apse is dedicated to Guanyin Buddha. In front of the Buddha statue in the town hall is the cultural relic "Tuku Shuntian Temple Japanese Guanyin" announced by the Yunlin County Government.
The hall located on the right side of the main hall worships Emperor Wenchang, Emperor Guan Sheng, and Emperor Fuyou
The hall placed on the left side of the main hall is dedicated to the Three Officials
The main hall worships the Virgin Mary
There is a worship pavilion in front of the main hall
Long blockages sent by timepieces and auto-transfer dealers witnessed the development of local commerce during the Japanese Occupation