Yimin refers to those who sacrificed their lives protecting their homes from invasion. It is said that 108 yimin and one loyal dog perished in the Lin Shuang-wen Rebellion that occurred during Emperor Qianlong's reign in the Qing era. The Yimin Temple in Beigang is dedicated to these brave souls. In the 53rd year of Emperor Qianlong's reign (1788 CE), Jingyi Pavilion was built as a temple to honor the brave men and the dog, with the date of their death—the 30th day of the 5th lunar month—being the date on which the temple performs its annual ceremony. Later on, when Jingyi Pavilion started to honor 36 additional yimin that perished in the Tai Chao-chuen Incident that occurred during Tongzhi Emperor's reign, it was renamed as Yimin Temple. Beigang's Yimin Temple is a ""tomb-and-temple"" structure, as the tombs of the yimin that perished in the Lin Shuang-wen Rebellion are located behind the temple's main hall, with the tombstones inlaid directly on the back wall of the main hall's worship space. The tombs of those who perished in the Tai Chao-chuen Incident, on the other hand, are located on the left and right sides of Yimin Temple. The layout of the temple's main complex consists of two main structures with side wings. The front gate and main hall form a continuous space uninterrupted by a hallway or courtyard, making the interior dim and solemn.
There are tombs on both sides of the Yimin Temple, and the victims of the Dai Chaochun incident are buried
Sanchuan Gate and the main hall form a coherent space
The tomb of the victims of the Lin Shuangwen incident is shaped like a four-cornered spire
Yimin Temple in Beigang is a "tomb and temple in one" building, the tomb is connected to the main hall in the Ming Dynasty
The cabinet next to honor the brave men and the dog is full of children's clothes thanked by parents
The dog head on the surface of the altar table in front of the Yimin Temple shrine echoes the faith of the Yi Dog General
The "Jing Yi" plaque hung above the shrine. "Jing Yi" was awarded by the court of the Qing dynasty in the 52nd year of Qianlong (1787) to commend the people of Quanzhou nationality who contributed to the suppression of the Lin Shuangwen incident
In the 8th year of the Japanese occupation of Showa (1933), a plaque dedicated to "Jingyi Liufang" at Beigang Ji Yaxuan, Beigang Ji Yaxuan is the Beiguan Zidi Xuan Society
In the 8th year of the Japanese occupation of Showa (1933), a plaque presented by the Beigang Lisheng Music Ensemble, which was a Western Wind Orchestra.