The construction of Lukang's Xinzu Temple was intrinsically related to the Lin Shuang-wen Rebellion, which occurred in the 51st year of Emperor Qianlong's reign in the Qing era (1786 CE). As the rebellion escalated, the Qing government dispatched General Fuk'anggan (1754-1796 CE), who sailed to Taiwan from Chongwu Harbor in Hui'an County, Quanzhou Prefecture, landing in Lukang. After the Lin Shuangwen Rebellion, the government decided to build a temple dedicated to Matzu in a spacious lot in Lukang. Construction was mostly funded by the government, supplemented by donations from Rimao Hang (a former company in Lukang). The temple's inauguration ceremony to welcome the deities with incense offerings was held in the 53rd year of Emperor Qianlong's reign (1788 CE). Since Lukang already had a temple dedicated to Matzu, Tianhou Temple, this new temple was called New Matzu Temple, or Xinzu Temple or Xin Temple for short. ""Xinzu Temple"" became the most prevalent name for the temple, persisting to this day. The temple we see today was shaped by renovation projects done in 1955 and 1974 CE. From front to back, the temple layout consists of a shanmen (also known as the Gate of Three Liberations, the most important gate of a Chinese Chan Buddhist temple), courtyard, baiting (worship pavilion), and the main hall. On the left of the courtyard stands a two-story concrete building known as Shengde Building, while the right has a joss paper furnace and an inscribed stone slab.
The stone steles standing outside the temple in order from left to right are the ``Reconstruction of the Tianhou Palace Stele'' in the 14th year of Daoguang in the Qing Dynasty, the ``Reconstruction of the Temple Stele'' in the 11th year of Jiaqing in the Qing Dynasty, the ``Reconstruction of the Tianhou Palace Stele'' in the 53rd year of the Qing Emperor Qianlong, and the 57th year of the Qing Emperor Qianlong. The stele of Tianhou Palace Tiansan Stele
The frame of Baiting is three links and five melons
The plaque presented by Koo Hsien-wing, "Repairing the Prime Minister"
Hou De Zetian plaque presented by Fukang An in the 53rd year of Qianlong in the Qing Dynasty (1788)
Zuojima Shrine dedicated to the Three Officials
The right shrine enshrines the realm master and the dragon king
In the 8th year of Tongzhi in the Qing Dynasty (1869), the clairvoyance and the wind ears were named General Jin and General Liu, so the clairvoyance of the new ancestral palace wore the head
The statue of Mazu in the Zhendian Temple enshrined in the Xinzu Temple is a soft-body statue
The "Tianhou Palace built by Emperor Qianlong of the Qing Dynasty" and the Zhongmen couplet "Zofu Kangan" hanging above the pavilion show the history of the creation of the Lukang New Zu Palace