Go to the main content area
:::
Home

Guandi Temple of Bajijing

Guandi Temple of Bajijing
 
Guandi Temple of Bajijingis located in a residential area with a quiet environment.
Asset Classification: Historic Building
Address: No. 11, Ln. 40, You'ai St.,West Centr,Tainan Cit
Announcement date: 2021/09/23
GPS Coordinates: 120.20138,22.99140
Competent Authority: Tainan City

指定/登錄理由

Features

Also known as Bajijing Daoshu Guandi Hall, the Guandi Temple in Bajijing is dedicated to Wenheng Shengdi (Sagely Emperor Weighing Literary Talent, more commonly known as Guan Yu). It was built originally during Emperor Kangxi's reign in the Qing era so that officials would not have to travel long distances to worship at the Guandi Hall in Houjia (the name of an area located in today's East District, Tainan). The temple was also called Daoshu Guandi Hall for its location on the left of the Taiwan Xundaoshu (Office of Taiwan Circuit, an administrative unit in Taiwan early during the Qing era) in Tainan's Xidingfang (west part of the city). Due to urban development plans for Tainan in the 4th year of the Shōwa era (Japanese colonial period; 1929 CE), parts of the Guandi Temple were moved and rebuilt at the current location. However, the temple was located on low-lying land prone to flooding, which damaged the structure. A renovation project was conducted in 1970 CE to elevate the land, fortify the temple structure with reinforced concrete, and change the tiles of the roof to glazed tiles. Completed in 1971 CE, the project shaped the temple we see today. The temple also has considerable artistic value for preserving the works of renowned painters and calligraphers from Tainan, including Pan Chun-yuan (1891-1972 CE), Pan Li-shui (1914-1995 CE), and Chu Chiu-ying (1898-1996 CE).

發展源流

主要特色


Fucheng temples are used to hanging sky lanterns above the middle door
Fucheng temples are used to hanging sky lanterns above the middle door
A worship pavilion with a rolling shed roof, in which the beams are painted with two rituals and four elephants
A worship pavilion with a rolling shed roof, in which the beams are painted with two rituals and four elephants
The  Guandi Temple of Bajijing realm hand over the holy flag and holy furnace every year
The Guandi Temple of Bajijing realm hand over the holy flag and holy furnace every year
The wall on the left side of the main hall is a calligraphy inscription by Pan Chunyuan (1891-1972)
The wall on the left side of the main hall is a calligraphy inscription by Pan Chunyuan (1891-1972)
The wall on the left side of the main hall is a calligraphy inscription by Pan Chunyuan (1891-1972)
The wall on the left side of the main hall is a calligraphy inscription by Pan Chunyuan (1891-1972)
The Guandi Temple of Bajijing was held in December 2018, and the Bagua willow talisman was placed on the lintel of the middle gate in the ceremony.
The Guandi Temple of Bajijing was held in December 2018, and the Bagua willow talisman was placed on the lintel of the middle gate in the ceremony.
The main hall of the Guandi Temple of Bajijing is equipped with wooden partitions as a shrine between the golden pillars.
The main hall of the Guandi Temple of Bajijing is equipped with wooden partitions as a shrine between the golden pillars.
In the right second room, the memorial tablet of Fude Zhengshen, Wuyingdou, and the Patriarch of the Guandi Hall of the Qing Dynasty is enshrined
In the right second room, the memorial tablet of Fude Zhengshen, Wuyingdou, and the Patriarch of the Guandi Hall of the Qing Dynasty is enshrined
The door god painting is from the famous painting artist Pan Lishui (1914-1995) in Fucheng
The door god painting is from the famous painting artist Pan Lishui (1914-1995) in Fucheng

Directions

氣象
交通
住宿
飲食
景點