Taichung's Lecheng Temple is located in Hanxi Village, one of the earliest developed areas in Taichung's East District. The land was gradually cultivated by the Lin clan during Yongzheng Emperor's reign in the Qing era. After making headway cultivating the land in the area, early settlers raised funds to build a temple dedicated to Matzu. This temple—a predecessor of today's Lecheng Temple—was first built in the 55th year of Emperor Qianlong's reign in the Qing era (1790 CE) and saw a steady stream of worshipers. Because of its location near Han River, a tributary of the Dali River in Taichung's East District, it was also commonly known as the Matzu Temple of Han River. By the 9th year of the Taishō era (Japanese colonial period; 1920 CE), the original timber structure was over a century old and had become so worn with time that the temple needed to be rebuilt. The project was headed by three local leaders and received enthusiastic support from the community. A renovation committee was formed, and Zhangzhou craftsman Chen Ying-pin (1864-1944 CE) was hired as the lead supervisor for the project, which took 7 years to complete. Lecheng Temple was renovated many times after World War II, but most of these renovations merely repaired parts of the main structure built in the Japanese colonial period.
The incense of Lecheng Temple has been in full bloom since ancient times
The ancient stone lion in the Qingdou stone sculpture between China and Hong Kong in the Sanchuan Hall: The male lion opens its mouth and looks mighty, and the lioness embraces a small lion before closing its mouth, and has a supple body. Works in the Middle Qing Dynasty
The worship hall with double eaves and Xieshan swallowtail ridged roof
Door pillow stone carved in the 6th year of Daoguang in the Qing Dynasty (1826)
Painted Gong'e's Prosperity and Prosperity
Tianguan of the Tiger's Tiger Group between China and Hong Kong in Sanchuan Hall
Chen Yingbin (1864-1944) was good at using Chi and Tiger to fight arches, Chi and Tiger were represented by rolling snails, lifelike
The most famous Sanchuan Hall of Lecheng Temple, the false four hangings and the Xieshan double eaves, is one of the representative works of Chen Yingbin, the famous Zhangpai wood artist "Binsi" in the early days of Taiwan.
Taichung's Lecheng Temple enshrines the golden statue of the "second mother'' who is divided into the spirit of Tianhou Temple in Meizhou