Taiwan's social values were influenced by Chinese customs as Han Chinese people immigrated to the island during the Qing era. Liu En-kuan (1737-1806 CE), head of the Liu clan in the Sihu region of Miaoli County's Xihu River Basin, immigrated to Taiwan in the 17th year of Emperor Qianlong's reign in the Qing era (1752 CE) and settled in Shitouwan, Sihu Village, Miaoli. When the Liu family became prosperous, they used their resources to build Yunti Academy in order to educate members of the family and systematically cultivate talent within the clan. Yunti Academy changed with the times, losing its academic purpose and transitioning into Xuanwang Temple, a temple dedicated to Confucius. However, a few key fixtures of the academy, such as the Jingsheng Pavilion (a furnace used for burning literary pieces on paper strips, also known as Jingzi Pavilion) and a nearby Tudigong temple, remain to this day, bearing witness to the footprint of the Cantonese people who developed the land and prospered in the Xihu River Basin.
The stone pillar foundation before the reconstruction is still left in the Xuanwang Palace.
The golden furnace next to Fude Temple is made of bricks. According to the shape of the bricks used, it should be a modern product, but the carved stone roof may be a leftover component
The front hall of Xuanwang Palace and the worship hall have plaques of Yunti Academy and Xuanwang Palace respectively, and the censer has the words Xiushengtang, representing the three-stage roles of the temple.
There are no statues in the Fude Temple, there are stone tablets of Fuzheng God
The Fude Temple next to the Jingsheng Pavilion is also made of sandstone
The bottom layer of the Jingsheng Pavilion is the base, and there are vents to help air convection
The upper floor of the Jingsheng Pavilion is dedicated to Cangjie, with a couplet: "Inspire the secrets of the universe, spread the heart of the universe"
The Jingsheng Pavilion is made of stone, the middle layer is a combustion chamber, and there are couplets on the left and right: once used as a flying dragon and dancing phoenix, it turned into a purple cloud
The predecessor of Xuanwang Palace was the Yunti Academy established by the Liu family of Sihu in Xihu Township