The history of Changhua County's Beidou Street can be traced back to Dongluo Street, an old settlement by the banks of Dongluo River (Old Zhuoshui River). Dongluo Street went into a state of decline due to war and natural disasters during Emperor Jiaqing's reign in the Qing era, so local leaders suggested that the street be moved to its present location in Beidou. After the street was established, Dian'an Temple became its center of faith, with jiaotoumiao (smaller diasporic temples subordinate to the area's larger temple) at the north, south, east, and west gates. Dazhongye Temple is one of these jiaotoumiao by the west gate, while Dian'an Temple acts as the gongmiao (temple with authority over a large area). Commonly known as Wanshan Temple, Dazhongye Temple was built in the 57th year of Emperor Kangxi's reign in the Qing era (1718 CE). Residents in the area exhumed remains from abandoned graves and reburied them together, then built a temple on the site to worship them. In the 5th year of Daoguang Emperor's reign (1825 CE), the ""Wanshan Jiacheng"" tomb was built behind the temple to give unclaimed bodies a resting place. A lot of these abandoned graves were of people who lost their lives in violent conflicts between Zhangzhou and Quanzhou immigrants or the rebellion led by Tai Chao-chuen in the early days. They were buried together here for people to remember.
Under the table of Lord Dazhong, there is worship of Lord Tiger, which is usually enshrined with raw eggs and simple raw meat.
There is a wooden sign behind the altar, which reminds the deacon to open the ghost gate on June 30 and close the ghost gate on July 30 each year.
There are 3 marble tablets on the side of the main hall, which record the names of the donors who were rebuilt 3 times (Republic of China 67 [Wuwu], 76 [Ding Mao], 77 [Wuchen] years)
The main hall of Dazhongye Temple in Beidou, with a single bay layout
In front of the tomb, there is a building similar to a tombstone, which was built using the stone washing method popular in the Japanese era.
On the top of the burial mound, there is a monument of "Wanshanjiacheng". Based on the date carved on it, it was built in the Qing Daoguang 5th year, 1825 AD, and rebuilt in the 10th year of the Showa era (1935 AD).
There is a tomb at the back of the main hall, which has been built into a seven-story pagoda style, covered with mosaic tiles
The roof ridge of the main hall has the same structure as the worship hall. It is also a double-sloped roof. In addition to the beasts, there are decorations of fairy riding beasts on the vertical ridge.
The roof of the worship hall is in the antique style of modern building materials. The curving ridges are similar to tile structures, and the vertical ridges are decorated with beasts.