Wanquan Temple's main structure consists of two main halls, two corridors, and an additional bell and drum tower. The front hall is dedicated to Xuantian Shangdi, while the rear hall is dedicated to Buddhist bodhisattva Guanyin (Avalokiteśvara). In Qing era documents, the front hall was called Zhenwu Temple while the rear hall was called Guanyin Temple. These two structures used to be separate temples until their renovation was initiated by local gentry in the 22nd year of Emperor Jiaqing's reign in the Qing era (1817 CE), when they were combined and renamed Wanquan Temple. The main structure of the Wanquan Temple we see today was built after World War II. The front hall features a towering clay sculpture of Xuantian Shangdi as well as statues of Zhou Gong (Duke of Zhou), the Peach Blossom Fairy, Marshal Wen, and Marshal Kang. It is rare for Zhou Gong and the Peach Blossom Fairy to be enshrined in a temple dedicated to Xuantian Shangdi, making it one of Wanquan Temple's most distinctive features. The decorations that adorn the front hall are another interesting feature of the temple. When the front hall was built in 1956 CE, the opposing walls on the left were decorated with Western personages made from clay and jiannian (artistic figures created from gluing together broken pieces of ceramics and glass). These characters in Western outfits are unusual for temple decorations—another feature that sets the temple apart.
The photo shows a view of the front hall, which is the Zhenwu Temple recorded in Qing Dynasty documents
A plaque presented by Taipei Mayor Zhang Fengxu (1928-2014), Zhang Fengxu was born in Banten and was the son of Zhang Shanzhong (1887-1965), the first elected county magistrate in Pingtung County
The plan layout of the main building of Wanquan Temple belongs to the architectural pattern of the Bell and Drum Towers along the two corridors and the two corridors. The front hall and the back hall are connected by a corridor.
In the 17th year of Daoguang in the Qing Dynasty (1837), the stone carving of the manger square furnace with ears and ears witnessed the Guanyin Palace was renamed "Wanquan Temple" after Daoguang in the Qing Dynasty
On both sides of the apse, the rockery is made of cement on the pedestal along the wall, and the rockery cave is enshrined in wood carvings of eighteen arhats
The apse is dedicated to the goddess of Guanyin, which is the main god of the Guanyin Palace in the Qing Dynasty
The front hall is dedicated to God Xuantian, Duke Zhou, Peach Blossom Girl, Marshal Wen, and Marshal Kang.
Look at the wall in front of the front hall to wash stones and make dragons and tigers block them
The ridge above the main ridge of the front hall is decorated with a statue of Xuantian God, rather than the common theme of the three immortals. This kind of spine decoration theme is relatively rare. Its architectural sculptures, colored paintings, and clay sculptures are mostly retained. The characteristics of the foreigners during the colonial period.