Commonly known as Zhongwang Temple in Alishan, Wufeng Temple was repurposed from a konkai (shrines and meeting places in different indigenous cultures) in the 25th year of Emperor Jiaqing's reign in the Qing era (1820 CE). Wufeng Temple collapsed in an earthquake during the Japanese colonial period and was rebuilt with government funding and donations. The 5th and 14th Governors-General of Taiwan both visited the temple. The temple underwent numerous renovations after World War II and was expanded into a memorial park in 1985 CE. The architecture of Wufeng Temple is unusual among Taiwanese temples. The xieshan (hip-and-gable) roof is supported by 6 columns, mimicking a juanpeng roof (sloping roof without a central ridge). Moreover, it is adorned with upturned eaves and jiannian (artistic figures created from gluing together broken pieces of ceramics and glass) that exhibit masterful workmanship, and possesses a large, magnificent timber structure. It is also notable that the worship hall features murals by famed Lukang artist Kuo Hsin-lin (1902-1973 CE) that are well worth seeing.
The appearance of Wufeng Temple with dragon pillars and stone pillars
The appearance of Wufeng Temple is washed with stones, and the exterior wall is blocked by dragons and tigers.
Renovation of Wufeng Temple Stele was established in Showa 6 (1930), the article details the beginning and end of its creation
The hanging plaque mentioned by Jiang Zhongzheng in the re-amendment of the temple in 1949
Right front of Wufeng Temple (1954) "Wufeng Temple Rebuilt Temple Stele"
In the middle of the apse, the god of Wu Fenggong is worshipped
The front hall worships Wu Fenggong, riding a white horse and a portrait of Wu Fenggong in red and red robe
The archway of Wufeng Temple