Lukang's Xing'an Temple is dedicated to Tianshang Shengmu (Heavenly Mother), more commonly known as Matzu. Built in the 23rd year of Emperor Kangxi's reign in the Qing era (1684 CE), the temple enshrines a statue of Matzu brought to Lukang from Xinghua, Fujian. The name ""Xing'an"" means ""safety in Xinghua"" or ""peace to Xinghua"". The first Matzu temple in Lukang, Xing'an Temple was also used as a gathering place for Xinghua immigrants. Due to these strong ties to Xinghua, the Matzu statue enshrined at Xing'an Temple was also called Xinghua Matzu, while the temple itself was also known as Xinghua Matzu Temple. The scale of the temple building was limited by the development of Lukang Town. As a result of land-use policies at the time, which divided land into narrow strips, Xing'an Temple was sandwiched between neighboring buildings, making it a townhouse temple. The courtyard lies in front of the temple, while the temple itself has two main structures and an additional baiting (worship pavilion). From front to back, the temple layout consists of the front gate, baiting, and main hall, with the baiting and main hall forming one uninterrupted space.
Xing'an Temple in Lukang was founded in the 23rd year of Emperor Kangxi in the Qing Dynasty (1684). The temple’s name was marked with "opening" before the temple name, indicating that the temple has a long history
The head is the part of the gable of the traditional building that extends beyond the eaves column, and it is a kind of decoration made by the gables on both sides. The head of the Xing’an Palace is placed with stone lions.
The honor guard for Mazu's patrol, the deacon cards were written on Lukang Xing’an Palace, Our Lady of Heaven, Silence, Avoidance, Good Weather, Guotai People’s Security, Protecting the Country and the People, and Civil and Military Officers’ Fragrance
The entrance of the main hall is made of three doors with partition doors
Xing'an Temple in Lukang is sandwiched between the left and right neighbors, which is a temple building in the form of a street house
In the 13th year of Guangxu in the Qing Dynasty (1887), the plaque was inscribed "Puyang", and Puyang was an alias of Xinghua
Shrine in the main hall dedicated to the Virgin Mary
In the 2nd year of Xianfeng in the Qing Dynasty (1852), the "Dian'an Mountain and Sea" was written on a plaque "Xing'an Guild Hall", proving that Lukang Xing'an Palace was used as the Guild Hall of Xinghua People
The apse is dedicated to the position of Jade Emperor, accompanied by the three officials, the goddess of Guanyin, the goddess of good fortune, and the dragon