Taishan Hilltop Temple is dedicated to Xianying Zushi—a deity worshiped by immigrants from Anxi, a county in Quanzhou, Fujian. The temple was built during the reign of Emperor Qianlong in the Qing era when Li Fu-chi's family brought the statue of Xianying Zushi from Anxi's Taishan Hilltop Temple to Taiwan. Taishan Hilltop Temple underwent several renovations; the most significant occurred in the 7th year of the Shōwa era (Japanese colonial period; 1932 CE) and was overseen by renowned Taiwanese temple architect Chen Ying-pin (1864-1944). To this day, the temple maintains the architectural style of that renovation. Taishan Hilltop Temple is located on the foothills in front of a mountain forest. Contrasted with the vast blue sky, the lush greenery surrounding the temple brings out the magnificence of the main building, which is 9 bays wide and features two central structures, two hallways, and two side wings. The temple preserves the architectural style of temples in the Shōwa era and is a treasure trove for those studying the works of Chen Ying-pin and Huang Kuei-li.
The couplets of Taishan Top Temple are all precious calligraphy of scholars of the time.
The cut glue in the Taishan Top Temple is the work of Liao Zaishun from 2007 to 2008.
The stone carvings and murals in the Taishan Top Temple are all taken from traditional folk tales.
Taishan Top Temple is dedicated to Xianying Zushi
Xianying Sushi's birthday Detour
The date of the flower and bird column at Sanchuan Gate is shown in Showa 9 (1934), with thick branches, thin leaves, phoenixes, and magpies appearing on the octagonal column.
The mural of the founder of Xianying painted by Liu Jiazheng, a painter in Sanchuanmen.
The shrines in the main hall of Taishan Top Temple were from the hands of Huang Guili
Taishan Top Temple Sanchuanmen's watch frame bucket is presented as a stack of buckets rising one after another